Sunday, November 27, 2011

Capstone Proposal Concept Map

Hello,
This blog is here to capture my experiences and progress as I work through my INDS (Interdisciplinary Studies) Capstone project. While I will provide a more thorough explanation of my capstone and degree in my next post, it is important to know that my degree title is "Biopsychosocial Health" and my capstone question is "How do UMBC undergraduates use alcohol?". I have a great team of advisors who have been invaluable and many of the other INDS staff have had a profound impact on my proposal.
So now that you know a little bit about what I'm doing I want to reveal the first rough draft of my concept map for submitting my Capstone proposal. The wording might not be perfect, but I love the color.


Key:
Blue- Why the Project
Red- Disciplines
Orange- Disciplinary Concepts
Purple- Common Ground
Green- Bridging Strategy1

Ok so the font came out smaller than I wanted... maybe it needs some more work. I made this in MS powerpoint and I'm hoping there is some way to zoom in on the picture. Feel free to leave constructive criticism or general comments below and I always welcome questions.

1The concept of Bridging Strategies and this one in particular was originally from "Thinking Across Perspectives" by Miller and Boix Mansilla

1 comment:

  1. This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back.
    Buy Capstone Project

    ReplyDelete